Wednesday 4 January 2012

First day back

Mckee class enjoyed their first day back at school and all seemed pleased to have returned.

John Hookway, our vicar, came and said a special blessing for the reception children and staff. Thank you John.

Everyone seems to have received lots of lovely Christmas presents and many children got the things they told us were on their wish list to Father Christmas. Luca was delighted to have got the teddy he so wanted. "He sleeps in my bed and I got just want I wanted. My sister got a dog because the teddy was just for me".

Other children brought things in to show us and we admired several books, soft toys and a transformer.

Our Topic for the next few weeks is weather and today the children told us some of what they already know about the weather.

O - "Snowflakes are pretty."
E -"You can splash in puddles when it rains."
J - "I have snow fights with my brother, he always wins."
A - "I eat lots of Ice-cream when it is sunny."
N - "You can go to the beach when it is sunny. You would not go when it rains because you would get too wet."
R - Kicking leaves in the wind is fun."

Over the next couple of days we will find out what else the children know, what they would like to find out about and what activities they thing we could do that relate to weather.

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment